Saturday, June 12, 2010

Peach Cobbler































I'm not much of a baker - I don't like to measure things or do anything carefully - but since peach cobbler is my dad's favorite dessert (well, he also loves german chocolate cake!) and peaches are in season, I decided to give it a try. I looked at tons of recipes - and several FB friends sent me theirs, too - and opted for Paula Deen's recipe. It looked like little baking effort and seemed foolproof.

Now let me just say... peeling fresh peaches is a PITA. I've convinced myself fresh has to be much better than canned but it was a lot of work. They are slippery little suckers, too!

She calls for a 3 quart baking dish. I don't have one. So I used two smaller pans and split the recipe in half. Turned out great and now I can just send an entire dish home with my dad!

Peach Cobbler
1.5 cup self rising flour
8 tablespoons (1 stick) butter
1/2 cup water
2 cup sugar, divided
4 cup peeled, sliced peaches
1.5 cup milk
ground cinnamon

.Preheat oven to 350.
.
Combine peaches, 1 cup sugar, and water in saucepan and mix well. Bring to a boil and simmer 10 minutes. Remove from heat.
.
Put butter in 3 quart baking dish and place in oven to melt. Mix remaining 1 cup sugar, flour, and milk slowly to prevent clumping. Pour mixture over melted butter. Do not stir. Spoon fruit on top, gently pouring in syrup.
.
Sprinkle top with cinnamon. Batter will rise to top during baking.
.
Bake for 30-45 minutes.
.
Serve with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.

No comments :

Post a Comment



See Aimee Cook


Follow on Bloglovin

Designed by:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Amy Teets
I was featured, I was Featured by Addicted to Recipes
What's cooking, love?
Lil\'Luna
Mandy's Recipe Box
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved