Monday, December 27, 2010

Dionna's Chili


Last February, when I had surgery, our friend Dionna brought over food for us - including this chili. I've made chili before but evidently don't make "real" chili because I throw in weird things... according to Jason. This, however, was real chili and he loved it. I got a bite or two of it before he claimed it as his own. I emailed Dionna for the recipe and was surprised at how easy it was!

Dionna's Chili
1 lb. ground beef (I used ground buffalo)
2 cans stewed tomatoes
1 pkg mild chili seasoning
2-3 heaping teaspoons of brown sugar
1 tsp. salt
1 can dark red kidney beans (drained and rinsed)
1 can pinto beans (drained and rinsed)

Brown and drain the meat.

While browning the meat, combine all other ingredients in pot and stir together well. Simmer over low-medium heat. Add browned meat, turn up heat to medium heat for about 10 minutes. Then, put on low and let simmer for 45 minutes, stirring ocassionally.

No comments :

Post a Comment



See Aimee Cook


Follow on Bloglovin

Designed by:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Amy Teets
I was featured, I was Featured by Addicted to Recipes
What's cooking, love?
Lil\'Luna
Mandy's Recipe Box
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved