Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Black Bean Salad

We eat quite a bit of Tex Mex in our house - especially since it's Jason's favorite cuisine - but I sometimes get tired of having the rice and beans with it. So, I went looking for a different kind of black bean recipe to go with brisket tacos.

On Food Network's website, I came across this black bean salad recipe by Guy Fieri that had great ratings. There isn't much recipe to be had - a little bit of this, a little bit of that - but it was something I hadn't considered making alongside tacos before.

I made some changes along the way just to suit our personal tastes and what I had on hand and we both gave it two thumbs up. I ate it on it's own but it would be good actually in a taco (especially a fish taco!) or served as a salsa-type dip alongside chips. I worked later than I expected tonight so it didn't sit for more than 10 minutes before we were eating and it was still tasty - just gets tastier as the flavors mesh!

Black Bean Salad
2 cans black beans, drained, about 30 ounces
1 (15-ounce) can corn, drained
2 Roma tomatoes, diced
1/4 cup diced red bell pepper
1/4 cup diced red onion
1/4 cup diced green onions
1/4 cup diced pineapple
1 tablespoon chopped cilantro leaves
1 jalapeno, seeded and minced
4 tablespoons apple cider
Juice of 1/2 lime
3 tablespoons honey
1 tablespoons salt
1 teaspoon black pepper
Pinch ground cumin
 
Mix all ingredients in a bowl and refrigerate for 1 hour.

No comments :

Post a Comment



See Aimee Cook


Follow on Bloglovin

Designed by:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Amy Teets
I was featured, I was Featured by Addicted to Recipes
What's cooking, love?
Lil\'Luna
Mandy's Recipe Box
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved