Monday, April 1, 2013

So long, March!

March just flew past for me - it was a busy one! Today begins Spring Break here and it's SO NICE to come off the end of Holy Week and right into a "down" week this year. My world (aka, the local church) takes a breather over Spring Break since so many of our members are traveling so it's a great opportunity to catch up on projects. And, it means I'll be home for dinner every night this week! If you're heading out of town for spring break, have a great time and stay safe!

We ate well in March - here is what we enjoyed in case you missed something:

Psst - don't miss "things I've pinned" from around the blogosphere at the bottom!

I must have been craving Indian flavors this month because we had several dishes from Aarti Sequeria. This Meatball Curry is a great way to introduce your family to some traditional Indian spices. The perfect combo of American and Indian comfort food!


Meatball Curry
 
A family favorite that deserved a photo update were these Sloppy Bombay Joes. Again, another Indian twist on a classic American dish - and truly the only sloppy joe that I'll eat!



Sloppy Bombay Joes

Rounding out my Aarti driven March menu is this delicious salad. While it comes from a true Indian chef, this Kale Salad with Mango, Pepita, and Honey-Lemon Dressing is a winner alongside any meal you're serving. 
 
 
We could not get enough of this super simple Creamy Tomato Chicken Pasta. It was restaurant quality but easy enough to whip up on a weeknight in less than 30 minutes. This one will see heavy rotation in our house!
 
 

When I think of comfort food, Swiss Steak is always in the top 5. This dish is of the "low and slow" variety - made even easier in your crockpot! Paula Deen never steers me wrong on good ol' comfort dishes.
 
 
"You put the lime in the coconut..." Catchy song, delicious dish. Another easy weeknight meal, this Coconut-Lime Chicken is extra tasty over jasmine rice!  
 
 
Winter held on extra-long this year and we took full advantage of it by enjoying this AMAZING Canadian Cheddar Cheese Soup from Epcot's LeCellier Steakhouse. Served with a big chunk of bread and you've got a glorious meal in a bowl!
 
 
I was desperate for something spring related amidst the cold so I made this delicious and healthy Honey Chicken Salad with Grapes and Feta. Straight from the bowl, between two slices of bread, or over some baby greens - anyway you serve it, you'll enjoy it!
 

 
I've never made bread before but I couldn't resist giving this "Better Than a Bread Machine" Bread a shot - and it was a slam dunk! So easy, and so delicious, we may be having it with every meal from now on. If you have an oven safe pot, you too can have fresh bread!
 
 
Every Texan needs a great recipe for Mexican Rice and this is the BEST I've had outside of my favorite hole-in-the-wall Tex Mex spot. Try it the next time you're serving tacos or fajitas in your house!
 
 




 
In a first for my blog, the hits on this Deviled Egg Pasta Salad went off the charts! I guess we all dig a good deviled egg and putting it into a pasta salad makes it even better! We LOVED this dish so I'm crossing my fingers that the thousands of you that checked it out over the last couple of weeks will, too!
 
 
We broke in the grill for the first time this year with this delicious (and weeknight friendly!) Grilled Rosemary Chicken Kabobs with Sweet & Sour Apricot Sauce. Not only was it tasty, I think that all food on a stick are automatically better.

 
Last, but certainly not least, were these ridiculously delicious Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Brownies. Need I say more?
 
 
I continue to be so impressed and inspired by other food bloggers out there - here are just a few dishes I've pinned this month!
 
Copycat Turkey O'Toole from Will Cook For Smiles
Foolproof Flaky Buttermilk Biscuits from Tracey's Culinary Adventures
Asian Fried Quinoa from Juanita's Cocina
Charred Scallion Dip from Macheesmo
Baked Salmon with Creamy Coconut-Ginger Sauce from Recipe Girl
Pomegranate Lemonade Spritzers from Sarcastic Cooking
Pink Lemonade Swirl Bundt Cake from Crazy for Crust
 
I'll be back tomorrow with an AMAZING chicken sandwich you won't want to miss!

No comments :

Post a Comment



See Aimee Cook


Follow on Bloglovin

Designed by:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Amy Teets
I was featured, I was Featured by Addicted to Recipes
What's cooking, love?
Lil\'Luna
Mandy's Recipe Box
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved