Saturday, June 22, 2013

Easy and Inexpensive Volunteer Appreciation Gifts



Anyone involved in non profit organizations know just how crucial volunteers are! VBS ended yesterday and  we had a GREAT week - all thanks to the hard work of a staff of volunteers who gave no less than 15 hours of their week (and most many, many more than that!). While none of them are doing it for the credit, I never want them to go without thanks - both verbal and otherwise.

Since many of us work with volunteers in various capacities, I thought I'd pass on the token appreciation gifts I did in case you're looking for inspiration. All the sayings can easily be tweaked to fit your particular need :)

It's been such a 
TREAT
to have you as a volunteer!

For this, you could use any "treat" you'd like. I picked up a couple of cases of individual size bags of M&M cookies at Sams to use.

Thank you
BEARY
much!

These were small bags of gummy bears:

I ordered these from Amazon: 72 small bags for $20

 Thank you for 
BEAN 
at VBS this week!

These were small bags of Jelly Belly jellybeans:

I also ordered these from Amazon (I'm a Prime addict!): 80 bags for $23

On the last day, we had the ice cream truck coming so my volunteers were already getting a sweet treat so I opted for a non-food item: a mix tape, er, CD. Yup, just like middle school :)

I chose 15 of my favorite songs of faith and burned them each a CD. I designed a CD label with our VBS logo and put them in an inexpensive sleeve with a tag. The only supplies you need are the blank CDs, white paper sleeves, and labels to custom print. Be careful when purchasing the labels and pick up ones made for laser printers if you're printing them on a big copier. It would not go over well in the office if you tried to run inkjet labels through your laser printer! 


Thanks for
CRANKIN' UP
our week!!

In case you're curious, here is the playlist. I love a variety of genres and am a big believer that one doesn't have to listen to solely "Christian" music to find rich lyrics full of spiritual meaning. Since I had teenagers through retirees volunteering, I included a variety so there was something for everyone (I hope!). 

1. "The Outsiders" by needtobreathe
2. "Broken Wings" by Flyleaf
3. "Dancing in the Minefields" by Andrew Peterson
4. "Awake my Soul" by Mumford & Sons
5. "Cut" by Plumb
6. "Take Me There" by Watermark
7. "Like a Child" by Jars of Clay
8. "Betty’s Diner" by Carrie Newcomer
9. "Never Alone" (acoustic version) by Barlow Girl
10. "Restored" by Jeremy Camp
11. "Song and Dance" by The Normals
12. "Lay Em Down" by needtobreathe
13. "Rest Easy" by Andrew Peterson
14. "Saving Grace" by Flyleaf
15. "Roll Away Your Stone" by Mumford & Sons

Hope this helps inspire your next volunteer appreciation gifts!

3 comments :

  1. These are amazing employee appreciation ideas. I really like this birthday and lunch idea. One more way appreciation method is giving corporate gifts for employees. This is a a good idea.

    ReplyDelete



See Aimee Cook


Follow on Bloglovin

Designed by:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Amy Teets
I was featured, I was Featured by Addicted to Recipes
What's cooking, love?
Lil\'Luna
Mandy's Recipe Box
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved