Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Crockpot BBQ Chicken



This shredded chicken couldn't be easier to make! You're just FIVE ingredients from the perfect BBQ chicken - pile it in slider rolls, stuff it in a baked potato with a drizzle of sauce over top, or make it an easy dinner and serve it on hamburger buns.

Who's ready for spring? I don't know about you but I have grown weary of all things winter. The "dead" trees and grass, along with the long nights, does a number on my mood after awhile! I've decided to go ahead and pull out all my spring decor and at least decorate my house like it's warm, sunny, and colorful outside!

Anyone else itching to put the flower wreath on the door yet?

Until the official grill season comes back around, I've been reaching for my crockpot more and more. I actually used this recipe to make sliders for a party and they were a hit! I frozen the leftover chicken and we'll probably make BBQ baked potatoes with them soon. It's so versatile!

Psst - this is the same sauce I used on these crockpot BBQ chicken wings/drumsticks!



Crockpot Barbecue Chicken
2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1/4 cup honey 
2 teaspoons mustard 
1 1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce 

Place the chicken in the crockpot. 

In a small bowl, stir together the barbecue sauce, honey, mustard, and Worcestershire sauce until well combined. Pour over the chicken.

Cover and cook on high for 3-4 hours, or until it easily shreds with a fork. 

Remove the chicken from the crockpot, shred with 2 forks, then return to the crockpot to cook 15 more minutes in the sauce. 

Serve on rolls, potatoes, or on it's own! 

Source: adapted from Food.com

No comments :

Post a Comment



See Aimee Cook


Follow on Bloglovin

Designed by:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Amy Teets
I was featured, I was Featured by Addicted to Recipes
What's cooking, love?
Lil\'Luna
Mandy's Recipe Box
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved