Monday, February 8, 2016

Warm Lemon Pudding Cake



The perfect mix of pudding and cake - served hot! The lemon fan in your house will LOVE this easy dessert!

My husband is a huge lemon fan so I'm always on the hunt for new lemon flavored desserts to try. A friend passed this one on and we've been making it for years! We especially love it during the winter months when a warm dessert is even more appealing. Yeah, it's not the most photogenic dessert but I promise it's absolutely delicious.

This dessert is easy thanks to some store-bought helpers, such as boxed cake mix and packaged lemon pudding mix. Pair those items with some pantry/fridge staples and you can quickly whip it up. It makes an entire 9x13 pan and is very rich so a little goes a long way. This is perfect for potlucks, family gatherings, or company!


Warm Lemon Pudding Cake
1 (15.25 ounce) box yellow cake mix + ingredients needed for cake
2 (1 ounce) boxes instant lemon pudding mix
1/3 cup sugar
1 1/4 cup water
2 cups cold milk
2 tablespoons powdered sugar

Preheat oven to 350 degrees and lightly spray a 9x13 baking dish.

Prepare cake mix as directed on package and pour the batter into the reserved baking dish.

Pour the milk and water into large bowl. Add the dry pudding mixes and sugar and whisk 2 minutes or until well blended. Pour over the cake batter and gently swirl with a fork mix together a bit.

Place the pan on a rimmed cookie sheet to catch drippings and bake 55 minutes to 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean. Cool in the pan for 20 minutes and then sprinkle with powdered sugar.

Spoon into serving dishes and serve warm.

1 comment :

  1. Its always good to learn tips like you share for blog posting. As I just started posting comments for blog and facing problem of lots of rejections. I think your suggestion would be helpful for me. I will let you know if its work for me too. long grain brown rice Dude.. I am not much into reading, but somehow I got to read lots of articles on your blog. Its amazing how interesting it is for me to visit you very often. -

    ReplyDelete



See Aimee Cook


Follow on Bloglovin

Designed by:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Amy Teets
I was featured, I was Featured by Addicted to Recipes
What's cooking, love?
Lil\'Luna
Mandy's Recipe Box
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved