Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Scallops with Sauteed Spinach, Basil, and Cream

This recipe is from my friend, Sheryl, who adapted the original recipe. I used her suggestions for the most part and it was really, really tasty. I wish my picture looked as good as hers so you could see just how nice this dish looks when plated.

Scallops With Basil and Cream
2 tablespoons butter
1/4 cup chopped onions
3/4 teaspoon minced garlic
1 pound bay or sea scallops
1/4 cup white wine
2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil leaves
1/4 cup heavy cream
Salt and fresh ground black pepper
Pasta, cooked

Heat the butter in a skillet on medium heat. Add the onions and garlic, and cook, stirring, until they are just soft, about 3 minutes.

Add the scallops and cook, stirring, for about 2 minutes. Add the wine and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Transfer the scallops to a platter and set aside.

Add the basil and cream and cook until the cream reduces and thickens a bit. Season with salt and pepper. Return the scallops to the skillet and toss gently to coat with the sauce. To serve, pour the mixture over linguine or angel hair pasta.

*My changes, per Sheryl's suggestions: I seared the scallops prior and just added them at the end. I sauteed some spinach in butter and garlic, set aside, and then plated it under the scallop mixture. I also doubled the sauce so there would be plenty. We got 3 good servings from this recipe (with the doubled sauce)

No comments :

Post a Comment



See Aimee Cook


Follow on Bloglovin

Designed by:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Amy Teets
I was featured, I was Featured by Addicted to Recipes
What's cooking, love?
Lil\'Luna
Mandy's Recipe Box
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved