Sunday, August 7, 2011

Rosemary Simple Syrup



The syrup is a basic simple syrup (a must for sweetening iced beverages!) that you just add fresh rosemary to. It's very good; I really loved the rosemary flavor in the coffee.

Rosemary Simple Syrup
3-5 fresh rosemary sprigs
1 ½ cup sugar
1 cup water

Bring sugar and water to a light boil, stirring constantly, until sugar is completely dissolved. Add rosemary and allow water to still slightly boil for about 5 minutes. Reduce heat to low for another 10 minutes, continuing to stir frequently.

Turn off heat and allow rosemary to sit in mixture for another 15-30 minutes. The more you let it sit, the more potent the flavor will be.

Place in mason jar and keep in fridge for up to 2 weeks.

Source: The Novice Chef

2 comments :

  1. I just found you and this post quite by accident, and I'm glad I did! I am completely intrigued by this idea... I love cold brew iced coffee (daily) and I love rosemary, but I'd never have thought to combine the two! Can't wait to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for a great recipe! I made this for SRS today!!

    ReplyDelete



See Aimee Cook


Follow on Bloglovin

Designed by:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Amy Teets
I was featured, I was Featured by Addicted to Recipes
What's cooking, love?
Lil\'Luna
Mandy's Recipe Box
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved