Saturday, August 13, 2011

Brown Sugar and Balsamic Glazed Pork Loin

This is my twist on a popular crockpot recipe seen often on Pinterest. My original plan was to throw it in the crockpot until I remembered how tasty that other grilled pork recipe was that I recently made. A grill seems so much more summery than a crockpot, you know?

This is a super simple meal, crockpot or grill method. With the grill, you serve it sliced while a crockpot method would leave it shredded. See the original recipe above if you'd like to try it in the crockpot.

The pork is delicious with the slightly sticky sweet glaze over top and the flavor of the sage underneath. We had it with roasted green chile cheese grits and zucchini/squash foil packets.

Brown Sugar and Balsamic Glazed Pork Loin
1 (2 pound) boneless pork loin
1 teaspoon ground sage
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 clove garlic, crushed

Glaze
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
1/2 cup water
2 tablespoons soy sauce

Rub tenderloin with ground sage, salt, pepper, and garlic. Cover with plastic wrap and let it sit in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.

Combine ingredients for the glaze in small sauce pan. Heat and stir until mixture thickens.

Heat your grill to medium-high. Grill the pork, brushing often with the prepared glaze, until the thickest part of the pork reads 145 degrees. Serve with remaining glaze on the side.

2 comments :

  1. Do you wrap when cooking on grill? and approximately how long does it take to cook thoroughly on grill?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do not wrap it - I just grill it right on the grates. The length of time will depend a lot on the thickness of your cut of meat and I honestly don't recall how long it took to grill this one... I'm sorry :( I just rely on my meat thermometer to keep tabs on it.

      Delete



See Aimee Cook


Follow on Bloglovin

Designed by:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Amy Teets
I was featured, I was Featured by Addicted to Recipes
What's cooking, love?
Lil\'Luna
Mandy's Recipe Box
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved