Monday, September 5, 2011

Creamy Pistachio Pops

This is one of those recipes that I have put on my "to make" lists several times but never could find a proper popsicle container to use around the house. Finally, I went ahead and just ordered a set on Amazon just so I could try it.

These are from Aarti Sequeira on Food Network - I've made many of her recipes and have yet to be disappointed. I love that she incorporates her Indian roots into everything. I'm a big fan of pistachios so I knew I'd like this treat.

These are very sweet, creamy, and refreshing on a hot day. Not only that, but they're ridiculously easy to make.

These have well over 200 5 star reviews already and there is no doubt why. They're delicious!

Creamy Pistachio Pops
1 (12-ounce) can evaporated milk
4 Earl Grey tea bags
1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
1 cup heavy cream
Handful finely chopped pistachios, plus extra for garnish (obviously I didn't chop my garnished ones...)

In a small saucepan over medium heat, bring evaporated milk to a simmer until small bubbles form around the circumference of the pot. Meanwhile, snip the tops of the tea bags and add to the milk. Whisk in cardamom. Once the milk is simmering, turn the heat off, cover and let sit and steep for 30 minutes.

Strain the evaporated milk into a large bowl. Whisk in the condensed milk, heavy cream and pistachios. Either pour the mixture into ice pop molds, small bowls or a large bowl. Cover the bowls with a piece of plastic wrap to avoid freezer burn and the formation of a "skin". Pop them into the freezer and freeze overnight.

When you're ready to serve, run the ice pop mold under hot water to loosen it. Garnish with more nuts if you like and serve.

No comments :

Post a Comment



See Aimee Cook


Follow on Bloglovin

Designed by:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Amy Teets
I was featured, I was Featured by Addicted to Recipes
What's cooking, love?
Lil\'Luna
Mandy's Recipe Box
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved