Monday, October 31, 2011

Lobster Ravioli with Lobster Cream Sauce

I'm going to do something I've not done before - post a recipe without a picture. The picture came out so badly and, quite frankly, unappealing but the dish was so good that 1) I want a record of it so I can make it again and 2) you need to try it.

Awhile back, I bought a 2 pound package of lobster meat. Fully cooked, in small pieces. I used a large portion for the paella and still had a lot left. One of my favorite dishes is lobster ravioli, but I'd never made it before. I figured now was the time!

I based the sauce and ravioli filling off this recipe from Food Network. I did not make my own pasta but instead used wonton wrappers - feel free to make your own if you're braver than me. The link to the original has one.

To say this was delicious is a huge understatement. The sauce is SO GOOD. If you want to buy frozen ravioli and skip those steps all together, make the sauce for it! Jason just stood over the pan dipping bread into it after he ate.

Lobster Ravioli with Lobster Cream Sauce
Lobster Ravioli Filling:
1 tablespoon butter
1 clove garlic, chopped
1 tablespoon chopped shallots
16 ounces cooked lobster meat, cut into small pieces
2 ounces ricotta
Salt
Pepper

Lobster Cream Sauce:
1 tablespoon butter
1 tablespoon chopped shallots
4 ounces lobster meat (or crabmeat), cut into small pieces
5 ounces tomato sauce
10 ounces heavy cream
Salt

For the Lobster Ravioli: In a large saute pan, add the butter and melt. Add the garlic and shallots and saute until golden brown. Add lobster and saute 2 to 3 minutes. Let cool slightly. In a large bowl, combine lobster mixture and ricotta and mix well. Season with salt and pepper.

If working with wonton wrappers, put about a tablepoon of the lobster cheese mixture in center of wrapper. Wet edges and press closed with a second wrapper. Repeat until all mixture is used. Gently place ravioli in boiling water and cook for 6 to 8 minutes, or until al dente.

For the sauce: Using a 12-inch saute pan at medium heat, add butter and shallots and saute until shallots are translucent. Add the lobster meat and saute for about 2 to 3 minutes. Add the tomato sauce, cream, and salt and cook until it reduces half way and becomes creamy. Add the cooked ravioli to the sauce and let cook together for about 1 minute before serving.

No comments :

Post a Comment



See Aimee Cook


Follow on Bloglovin

Designed by:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Amy Teets
I was featured, I was Featured by Addicted to Recipes
What's cooking, love?
Lil\'Luna
Mandy's Recipe Box
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved