Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Cornbread from Disney's Hoop-Dee-Doo Revue



One of the dinner shows at Walt Disney World is The Hoop-Dee-Doo Revue. It's actually one of the longest running shows at Disney and the show has changed very little (if at all!) since it started. My first time attending was as a preschooler, actually, and I've gone several times since.

The show is purposely corny and full of old fashioned jokes, skits, and songs - and lots of audience involvement. On our last visit, Jason even got pulled on stage to participate! The atmosphere is that of an old dance hall set in the wild west so the (all you can eat) menu reflects that. Fried chicken, ribs, mashed potatoes, beans, veggies, and - of course! - cornbread are all served family style while you enjoy the show.

We don't eat cornbread near enough at our house but a big bowl of chili just begs it. Sweet cornbread is our favorite - especially alongside a pot of spicy chili - and this recipe definitely qualifies as that! This cornbread is so moist that I wasn't even tempted to slather on any butter. And I'm a fan of butter. It's SO good. Like, grab a piece every time you wander into the kitchen good.

Yeah, a box of Jiffy is easiest but this recipe is just one step beyond it - and light years away in taste! I promise it'll be worth the {minimal} extra effort!


Cornbread
1 3/4 cup flour
3/4 cup cornmeal
1 1/2 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 1/4 cup sugar
1 cup milk
2 eggs
1/2 cup vegetable oil

Preheat oven to 375 and lightly spray a 9x13 baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.

Mix the flour, cornmeal, salt, baking powder, and sugar in a large mixing bowl.

In a separate bowl, whisk together the milk, eggs, and oil until well blended.

Using a hand mixer, slowly add the liquid ingredients to the dry ingredients, mixing just until incorporated.

Pour the batter into the prepared pan, making sure to spread evenly. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.

Source: Disney Food Blog

Check back Thursday for another WDW recipe!

Did you see the other Disney recipes already featured?




6 comments :

  1. I've been trying a lot of different cornbread recipes, and trying to find that "one" that is what I am looking for. Yours will be up next, I am so excited to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love sweet cornbread! Must try this recipe. Would you believe that I have never been to Disney?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love sweet, too! Well, I guess I like it anyway it comes... You need to visit WDW at least once! :)

      Delete
  3. You rule, this is great. Thanks for posting this at the Saturday Night Fever link party. Hope to see you back on Saturday!

    ReplyDelete



See Aimee Cook


Follow on Bloglovin

Designed by:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Amy Teets
I was featured, I was Featured by Addicted to Recipes
What's cooking, love?
Lil\'Luna
Mandy's Recipe Box
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved