Thursday, September 25, 2014

Almond Joy Bites (4 ingredients & no bake)



You're just 4 ingredients from homemade Almond Joy flavor! Sticky sweet coconut, crunchy almonds, and dark chocolate are a much loved classic combination!

Every year growing up, my mom made homemade Almond Joys as a holiday treat. She would package them into tins and deliver them as gifts. Don't you love edible gifts? I recall she even shipped them my direction at least once! The other night, I got an intense craving for her Almond Joys. Unfortunately, we live 1100 miles apart so I did what anyone would do - I surveyed the pantry and found all the ingredients necessary to satisfy my craving.

And it worked.

{though I still missed my mom!}

These beauties don't have to be baked, don't destroy your clean kitchen, and you can shovel them in almost immediately. That's a winning dessert in my book.

I'm more savory than sweet (as evidenced by the rare dessert recipes in my index!) so just one of these was enough to satisfy my sweet tooth. I stored the rest in the fridge and enjoyed them for several days.

When rolling, they are going to be super sticky so it's helpful to lightly spray the palms of your hands with cooking spray. Very lightly!


Almond Joy Bites
1 14 ounce bag shredded coconut
1 can sweetened condensed milk
1 cup coarsely chopped almonds
1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips

Line a baking sheet with parchment or wax paper and set aside.

In a medium mixing bowl, combine the shredded coconut, sweetened condensed milk, and chopped almonds. Using your hands (see note above), mix well.

Form small balls with the coconut mixture and place on the parchment paper. Place the sheet in the fridge and let chill for 20 minutes.

In a small microwave safe bowl, melt the chocolate at 50% power, stopping to stir every 15 seconds, until the chocolate is melted and smooth. Drizzle the melted chocolate over the coconut bites and place the baking sheet back in the fridge. After another 30 minutes, they should be "set" enough to be transferred to a sealed container.

Store in the fridge.

No comments :

Post a Comment



See Aimee Cook


Follow on Bloglovin

Designed by:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Amy Teets
I was featured, I was Featured by Addicted to Recipes
What's cooking, love?
Lil\'Luna
Mandy's Recipe Box
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved