Sunday, May 2, 2010

Thai Chicken Fettuccine
















This was a really quick faux-Thai peanut sauce recipe. Start to finish (including pasta) was about 15 minutes. Sadly, I didn't think to wipe the edge of the bowl after I mixed it for the picture!

Thai Chicken Fettuccine
1 tablespoon vegetable oil (I used EVOO)
1 pound boneless/skinless chicken breast, cut into strips (you can use any protein - tofu, shrimp, pork, etc)
1 cup picante sauce
1/4 cup crunchy peanut butter
2 tablespoons honey
2 tablespoons orange juice
1 teaspoon soy sauce
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
16 ounces hot cooked fettuccine
Chopped fresh cilantro

Heat oil over med-high heat and cook chicken until lightly browned, about 5 minutes. I thinly sliced mine so it would cook even faster.

Stir in picante sauce, peanut butter, honey, orange juice, soy sauce and ginger. Cook and stir until chicken is cooked through and the sauce is well mixed.

Add fettuccine (I threw the drained fettuccine in a bowl and poured the mixture of top of it). Toss well and top with cilantro.

No comments :

Post a Comment



See Aimee Cook


Follow on Bloglovin

Designed by:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Amy Teets
I was featured, I was Featured by Addicted to Recipes
What's cooking, love?
Lil\'Luna
Mandy's Recipe Box
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved