Monday, February 7, 2011

Buffalo Chicken Dip

This dish is seemingly featured on just about every food blog I follow and it's often referred to as "crack dip." Make it once and you'll understand why.

It took me awhile to try this recipe for some reason and now I see that I've been missing out! This might have been the favorite item last night at the Super Bowl party - it's sooooooo good.

While the recipe (and variations of it) can be found several places, I used a crockpot version since many of them call for baking and we don't have a working oven right now.

I made a few changes, which I included below. The original recipe calls for canned chicken and I'm just not a fan so we threw 2 boneless/skinless chicken breasts on the grill and shredded that instead. The original recipe also calls to cook everything on the stove before adding to the crockpot but we skipped that part and went right to the crockpot. Worked great!

I'm really leery of anything "buffalo" because I can't tolerate heat much - and one of my friend's that came over is even more sensitive than I am - but we both loved this dish. It really did not have a lot of heat at all. Don't let the hot sauce stop you from trying it at your next party!

Buffalo Chicken Dip, aka Crack Dip
2 boneless/skinless chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
2 (8 ounce) packets cream cheese
3/4 cup hot sauce (like Frank's)
1 cup ranch dressing
2 cups mild cheddar cheese (I used sharp)
Dipping utensil - we used tortilla chips

Put the cream cheese, hot sauce, ranch, chicken, and cheese into a crockpot. Mix as much as you can, turn on high so it can start to meld together. Stir again, once it begins to bubble, and turn to low. It'll take 45 minutes-1 hour to be ready.

Original recipe here

No comments :

Post a Comment



See Aimee Cook


Follow on Bloglovin

Designed by:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Amy Teets
I was featured, I was Featured by Addicted to Recipes
What's cooking, love?
Lil\'Luna
Mandy's Recipe Box
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved