Saturday, February 5, 2011

Honey Chipotle Glazed Chicken

This chicken recipe came from one of my new favorite blogs, Annie's Eats. It would have been even better on a grill but I just did it on the stovetop. It had a slight spice to it ~ nothing unbearable ~ and a lot of flavor. VERY easy and uses all ingredients you probably already have. I didn't have to buy a single thing for this recipe, matter of fact.

Just as an aside, I buy the small can of chipotle peppers in adobo and fill an iced tray with them. Once they are frozen, I just pop them all into a freezer bag. That way, I can just thaw a cube at a time when I need some. Who can use an entire can in one recipe anyways? (I do the same thing with tomato paste, by the way).

Instead of pureeing the chipotle ahead of time I just put all the glaze ingredients in a mixing bowl and used my immersion blender to quickly puree is all together. GREAT time saver! I also just eyeballed the measurements for the most part.

This is easily a 30 minute, start to finish, meal.

Honey Chipotle Glazed Chicken
¼ cup honey
1 tbsp. pureed canned chipotles in adobo sauce (see note above)
1 tsp. Dijon mustard
1 tbsp. ancho chili powder
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 tbsp. canola oil
½ tsp. ground coriander
½ tsp. ground cumin
½ tsp. Spanish paprika
2-4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
Sesame seeds, chopped fresh cilantro and minced chives, for garnish (optional)

Heat the grill or a grill pan to high. In a small bowl, whisk together the honey, chipotle puree, mustard, 1½ teaspoons ancho chile powder, ½ teaspoon salt, and 1½ teaspoons oil. Set aside.

Stir together the remaining ancho powder with the coriander, cumin and paprika in another medium bowl. Add the chicken breasts and toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper.

Place the chicken on the heated grill and cook for 3-4 minutes. Flip the chicken and brush the cooked side of the chicken pieces with the honey-chipotle glaze. Cook for an additional 3-4 minutes; flip the chicken again and brush the second side with the glaze. Cook for 1 minute, flip again and cook for 1 minute more. Remove from the grill and brush with more sauce as desired. Garnish with sesame seeds, cilantro and chives as desired; serve.

1 comment :



See Aimee Cook


Follow on Bloglovin

Designed by:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Amy Teets
I was featured, I was Featured by Addicted to Recipes
What's cooking, love?
Lil\'Luna
Mandy's Recipe Box
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved