Welcome to Day #2 of Christmas Week, a multi-blogger event co-hosted by Kim of Cravings of a Lunatic and Jen from Juanita's Cocina! Each day we will be celebrating the holidays with a different set of Christmas-themed treats, as well as a fabulous Christmas giveaway. We hope you enjoy this fabulous event. Tune in each day starting today, Monday, December 9th and ending Saturday, December 14th.
Today, I'm sharing a simple baked custard dessert. This is the kind of sweet that you want alongside a big mug of hot chocolate or coffee - or when you can't eat another super sweet baked good. This is light, creamy, and delicious. You could probably even pass it off as breakfast :) The pear softens and becomes this delicious sweet element that pairs so well with the tart cranberries.
You know what's even better? It's made in minutes - like, less than 10 - with just a blender!
Isn't everything in a tart pan automatically prettier?
Pear & Dried Cranberry Baked Custard
1/4 cup all-purpose flour, plus more for dusting
1 ripe pear, peeled, halved lengthwise, and cored
3/4 cup milk
3/4 cup heavy cream
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1/4 cup sugar
pinch of salt
1/2 cup dried cranberries
Preheat oven to 400.
Lightly spray a 10-inch fluted tart pan or pie pan. LIghtly dust with flour and tap out excess.
Cut the pear lengthwise into thin slices that are about 1/8 of an inch thick. Lay the slices in the bottom of the prepared pan in a single layer.
Add the flour, milk, heavy cream, eggs, vanilla, sugar, and salt to a blender. Process until smooth, about 1 minute. Pour the batter over the pear slices and sprinkle the cranberries over top.
Bake until golden and set, about 25 minutes. Let stand at least 15 minutes before cutting into wedges.
Source: slightly adapted from Martha's Stewart's Dinner at Home
Today's #ChristmasWeek giveaway comes courtesy of Le Creuset. Respect for tradition and authenticity has been Le Creuset's guiding principle since 1925, and their kitchen and cook ware is known internationally.
Le Creuset's Revolution Utensil Set is available in six different colors, and it represents the next generation of functional innovations in the kitchen. Developed with chefs and culinary enthusiasts in mind, each utensil features a task-defined blade made from premium silicone, as well as a carefully crafted wood handle engineered to improve grip for a variety of kitchen tasks. The set includes one of each of the following: utensil crock, small spatula, medium spatula, spatula spoon, basting brush, jar scraper. To enter, read the details and use the Rafflecopter below!
***This giveaway is for one Le Creuset Revolution Utensil Set (winner's choice of color)! This giveaway is open to Continental US residents only. When the contest concludes, the winner will be chosen by random draw. The winner will be notified through e-mail and they will have 3 days to respond or another winner will be chosen.***
***Disclaimer: This giveaway is being provided by Le Creuset. #ChristmasWeek bloggers have not received product or been compensated as a part of this giveaway.***
Visit all the other Christmas Week Peeps for more Holiday Baking Goodness:
- Peppermint Hot Chocolate with Peppermint Wands by Cravings of a Lunatic
- Chewy Brownies by Juanita’s Cocina
- Chocolate-Peppermint Puff Pastry Bites by The Weekend Gourmet
- Pomegranate Margaritas by Dinners, Dishes, and Deserts
- Gingerbread Cheesecake Cupcakes by Chocolate Moosey
- Gingerbread Whoopie Pies with Maple Poached Pears and Maple Buttercream by Pineapple and Coconut
- Cranberry Bliss Bars by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Reindeer Cookies by Noshing With The Nolands
- Mo’s Easy Homemade Eggnog by Food Lust People Love
- Spiced Madeleines by The Dutch Baker’s Daughter
- Flourless Nutella Marshmallow Cloud Cookie Cups by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Pear and Dried Cranberry Baked Custard by See Aimee Cook
- Bacon Bark by Cooking In Stilettos
- Snowflake Cake by Dizzy Busy and Hungry
- Gingerbread Sugar Cookies by Rants From My Crazy Kitchen
- Peanut Butter Cup Cookies by Try Anything Once Culinary
- Hot Chocolate Biscotti by Home Cooking Memories