Welcome to Day #4 of Christmas Week, a multi-blogger event co-hosted by Kim of Cravings of a Lunatic and Jen from Juanita's Cocina! Each day we will be celebrating the holidays with a different set of Christmas-themed treats, as well as a fabulous Christmas giveaway. We hope you enjoy this fabulous event. Tune in each day starting Monday, December 9th and ending Saturday, December 14th.
Have you ever baked or roasted a grape? Yeah, me neither... until now. And y'all, it's so good! The sweetness really intensifies and the skin softens quite a bit - plus they are really pretty when baked into something! Perfect for the holidays.
And I think we can all agree that phyllo dough is the bombdiggity. I mean, it's thin, flaky, crispy dough. Hello?!
This 4 ingredient recipe is so easy it's ridiculous. You just brush a layer of phyllo with butter (!), sprinkle with sugar (!), and top with another layer. Repeat 5 times, top with grapes, and bake.
The result is a thin, crispy, easy to eat sweet treat topped with fruit and therefore healthy.
Sugared Grape & Phyllo Tart
6 sheets frozen phyllo dough, thawed according to package directions
6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
8 teaspoons sugar
1 cup red seedless grapes
Preheat oven to 400.
Lay 1 sheet of phyllo on a baking sheet (keep the other sheets covered). Carefully brush the entire surface lightly with butter. Sprinkle 1 teaspoon sugar evenly over the butter and then top with another sheet of phyllo dough. Brush the new sheet with butter, sprinkle with sugar, top with another phyllo sheet, and repeat. With the last sheet, butter it lightly before arranging the grapes on top. Dot each grape with some butter and then sprinkle the remaining 2 teaspoons sugar over the entire top.
Bake until crispy and golden, 13-15 minutes. Let cool slightly before cutting into squares. Serve warm.
Source: adapted from Martha Stewart's Dinner at Home
Visit all the other Christmas Week Peeps for more Holiday Baking Goodness:
- Mini Sugar Cookie Houses aka Hot Chocolate Mug Perches by Cravings of a Lunatic
- Eggnog Cookie Truffles by The Weekend Gourmet
- Spiked Candy Cane Hot Chocolate by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks:
- Gingerbread Texas Sheet Cake with Lemon Frosting by Chocolate Moosey
- Swirl Cookies by Noshing With The Nolands
- Caramel Apples by My Catholic Kitchen
- Homemade Caramels by Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts
- Puff Pastry Ravioli Mince Pies by Food Lust People Love
- Mounds Brownie Cupcakes by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Hot Chocolate Pull Apart Bread by The Dutch
- Sugared Grape and Phyllo Tart by See Aimee Cook
- Taffy Tan Fudge by Mom’s Test Kitchen
- Double Chocolate Pecan Cookies by Cooking In Stilettos
- Cinnamon Raisin Oatmeal Bread by Liv Life
- White Chocolate Candy Cane Fudge by Rants From My Crazy Kitchen
- Devil’s Food Cake Cookies by Try Anything Once Culinary
- Cinnamon Whiskey Balls by Home Cooking Memories
- Pumpkin Chiffon Pie by Jen’s Favorite Cookies
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Cookie Dough Truffles by Cupcakes and Kale Chips
- Candy Cane Blossoms by Like Mother Like Daughter
Today's #ChristmasWeek giveaway comes courtesy of Swissmar. Le Cordon Bleu has been a worldwide leader in gastronomy and hospitality for over 100 years and are widely considered the guardian of French culinary technique. Swissmar now combines this culinary expertise with their own knowledge and brand recognition to introduce this fantastic new line.
The Le Cordon Bleu ceramic ovenware from Swissmar are all freezer safe, oven safe, dishwasher and microwave safe. The French-inspired Charmant Collection 5 qt. Rectangular Roaster has scalloped edges and is beautiful enough to go straight from oven to table! To enter to win a Swissmar Roaster, read the details and use the Rafflecopter below!
***This giveaway is for one Swissmar Charmant Collection 5 qt. Rectangular Roaster (winner's choice of color: blue, yellow, red, or white)! This giveaway is open to Continental US residents only. When the contest concludes, the winner will be chosen by random draw. The winner will be notified through e-mail and they will have 3 days to respond or another winner will be chosen.***
***Disclaimer: This giveaway is being provided by Swissmar. #ChristmasWeek bloggers have not received product or been compensated as a part of this giveaway.***