Monday, January 23, 2012

Baked Monte Cristo Sandwiches

Oh my, do I love a good Monte Cristo sandwich! Since the closing of all of our Bennigans, I've yet to find a great replacement for them. In the meantime, this sandwich completely fills the void in my life - and at about a thousand fewer calories thanks to the absence of a deep fryer!

I came across this recipe via Pinterest, originally from Joy's Hope. It could not be easier and is a great weeknight meal. We both really loved them!

You can use any meat and cheese you like, of course, but I stuck with the classic ham and swiss combo with raspberry jam.

YUM!

Baked Monte Cristo Sandwiches
1 can crescent rolls (1 can = 4 sandwiches)
Thinly sliced deli meat (I used ~2 slices per sandwich)
Cheese, sliced or shredded (I used 1.5 slices of swiss per sandwich)
Powdered sugar, for dusting
Raspberry jam, for dipping
Cooking spray

Preheat oven to 375.

Line your baking sheet with foil and spray liberally with cooking spray.

Unroll the crescent rolls, keeping the triangles together. Break them apart so that two triangles are making a rectangle (you will have 4 rectangles). Lightly press the seams together so the two triangles are well adhered together.

On half of the rectangle, layer your cheese and meat. Fold the other half over and press to seal the edges.

Bake for 15-18 minutes, until golden brown.

Serve with a dusting of powdered sugar and jam on the side.

No comments :

Post a Comment



See Aimee Cook


Follow on Bloglovin

Designed by:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Amy Teets
I was featured, I was Featured by Addicted to Recipes
What's cooking, love?
Lil\'Luna
Mandy's Recipe Box
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved