Monday, January 16, 2012

Homemade Waffle Batter

Somehow, we've gone 9 years of marriage without a waffle iron. I guess we decided not to register for one when we married and it just hasn't been a priority. After countless meals out just to satisfy our waffle craving, I decided I really wanted one of our own. I added it to my Christmas wish list and came home Christmas Day with this fabulous belgium waffle maker.

We finally tried it out and I used this easy, delicious waffle batter found via Pinterest on A Zesty Bite. No need to buy a box mix when you can throw this together just as fast using pantry staples!

Homemade Waffle Batter
1 3/4 cups flour
2 tablespoons sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
2 large eggs
1 3/4 cups milk
1/2 cup melted butter
2 tsp vanilla

In a large mixing bowl combine all wet ingredients together. Beat until well blended.

In another bowl add all dry ingredients and slowly start to add them to the wet ingredients

Mix all ingredients until everything is wet and well mixed (but don't overmix).

Cook in a waffle maker according to makers instructions.

*This made about 5 waffles worth of batter for us

1 comment :



See Aimee Cook


Follow on Bloglovin

Designed by:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Amy Teets
I was featured, I was Featured by Addicted to Recipes
What's cooking, love?
Lil\'Luna
Mandy's Recipe Box
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved