Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Carrabba's Champagne Chicken

I saw the commercial for the new champagne chicken dish at Carrabba's and went "ooooh." However, we don't have a Carrabba's anywhere near us so I filed it in the back of my mind and went on.

Imagine my excitement when Plain Chicken posted the recipe!

This was a super easy weeknight meal that tasted much more complicated than it was. I made just a few changes, like pounding my chicken a little thinner so it would cook faster, which I included below.

As written, this really only makes enough for 2 good servings. I doubled it to make 4 servings. 

Carrabba's Champagne Chicken
2 Tbsp olive oil
2 Tbsp butter
2 boneless/skinless chicken breasts
1/3 cup flour
2 Tbsp parmesan cheese
Salt
Pepper
1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
1/4 cup champagne (Dry)
2/3 cup heavy cream (or evaporated milk)
pinch Kosher Salt
pinch Fresh Ground Black Pepper
1/8 tsp red pepper flakes
1/4 tsp tarragon
6 oz angel hair pasta, cooked and drained

Mix together the flour, salt, pepper, and grated Parmesan.

Pound your chicken a bit thinner and cut each piece in half. Dredge them thoroughly in the flour mixture, until well coated.

Heat olive oil and 2 tablespoons of the butter in a large skillet on medium high heat. Brown each piece of chicken until done, about 3 minutes per side. Remove the chicken from the pan and set aside.

Add the champagne and mushrooms to the pan. Use a wooden spoon to scrape up the browned bits. Reduce the sauce by half. Whisk in cream, kosher salt, black pepper, red pepper flakes and tarragon. Heat until sauce thickens to a creamy consistency. Serve chicken and sauce over angel hair pasta.

11 comments :

  1. This looks delicious. I love Carrabbas. I bet this would be a great meal to make when you have just a little champagne left over after a party (like that has ever happened! haha!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Or... a great excuse to finish off a bottle you just "had" to open for a recipe! :)

      Delete
  2. Just made this for dinner....amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I made this tonight for a belated Valentine's dinner. WOW, it was delicious! I have never been to (or heard of) Carrabbas, but feel like going now to see how my dish compares to theirs. Thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What is you don't have champagne -- could you use like chicken broth>

    ReplyDelete
  5. I plan on trying this tomorrow, we love a mushroom sauce..

    ReplyDelete
  6. COULD YOU SUBSTUTE WHITE WINE FOR CHAMPAGNE?

    ReplyDelete
  7. What does it mean to reduce the sauce in half?
    D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It just means to let it cook until about half the sauce evaporates - it makes the remaining sauce thicker and more intense in flavor. I typically just let it simmer and keep an eye on it :)

      Delete
  8. Next time I’ll double the sauce

    ReplyDelete



See Aimee Cook


Follow on Bloglovin

Designed by:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Amy Teets
I was featured, I was Featured by Addicted to Recipes
What's cooking, love?
Lil\'Luna
Mandy's Recipe Box
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved